HybridZ

Interior time......280Z false floor in rear deck!?!?

Savage42

OK, I'm finally doing the final detail work on the rear of my 280Z-06 (it's a '78) and I see that there is supposed to be a false floor setup and something that bolts along the top of the deck right behind the seats? I got the car pretty much stripped, so do any of you have an ideas on where I can get a good one? I'd rather not spend a bunch of time making one, but may have to do that. Any ideas or input are appreciated! Thanks.

You could probably make one out of aluminum, balsa wood, or something like that. From what I remeber on my 280z it had, covered pressed partical board, or something real similar to it. If you aren't set on putting a door back in there, some people put speakers in that area.

yep, they have a hinged particle board floor. the one in my Z is in perfect shape, but I also need it lmao

the board mounts with a bunch of screws onto several areas, and behind the seats, there is a metal bar that goes all the way across that also holds the carpet down. It's pretty freaking handy to have

I'm actually thinking of mounting little speaker boxes to them.

if you want to make a replica of one, I could try and get pictures/measurements for you. or something like that

OK, that helps a bunch. Looks like someone removed all the metal stands in the back, aside from the small ones on the back side of the wheel wells and the front part behind the seats. Looks like I'll have to make the whole thing myself.

Does anyone have the piece that bolts across the front of the rear deck area, right behind the seats & holds the carpet down? Thanks!!

OK, so I'm hoping I can gather and make everything I need for the back deck of my car.

What is the actual name or description for that piece that bolts down in the front through the carpet into the front bracket behind the seats, anyway?

Does anyone have a microfiche or way to get the Nissan part # for the piece? I figured I'd at least see if Nissan (or anyone else) might have one. Probably not, but worth a shot. :) Thanks.