HybridZ

My RB25 280z Actually Driving Vid

jakeoster

I'm running a bone stock R200 non LSD rear end. Apparently the PO changed out the rear end on my 280 for a 78' one. Yeah I kinda figured I was. I'm such a newbie with turbos that I originally thought the sound my intake makes under boost was the belt slipping xD

I put the Z up on jacks today and put it into 1st gear and to my surprise both wheels spun forward at the same speed. I was unaware that the person who owned the car before the person I bought it from had installed a LSD and Im pretty happy about it seeing as I bought the entire car for a whooping $100:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Im not really sure which one it is but it is a long nose one.

Yea i see me doing this swap and then the first time I go out having to wait another month to get enough money to replace everything in the rear end. I'm thinking it might be more worth it to put a 240 or skyline subframe in. I see changing out the entire suspension giving the car alot more potential, I can get a r33 front clip for 2200, and 500 shipping, to a residential address. Now I just have to hope the site is reliable, shipping is supposed to take like 48 to 58 days or something.

If your really thinking about the swap it would be a better idea to buy the engine and 5 speed off eBay. You have more options and stuff to protect you then just buying it from some random site. Also you will not end up using a lot of crap from a front clip anyway. The radiator etc. Do not fit in a Z. You'd save some money, just a thought...

Well, you spent 2700 on your entire motor, the entire front clip will be 2700. They seem okay, I plan to post asking about them before I would buy. I'm more considering SR because I can't get an oil pan for the RB and I was going to use 200zr engine mounts as well, and make my own trans. mount. I just love the RB sound better, and its got more torque.