HybridZ

Can you use a z32 TT fuel pump for an RB26 swap?

Zreddy

Im not sure where i saw this before, but i think it was in a magazine and somewhere else that i saw someone use a z32 tt fuel pump with their rb26 swap. Does anyone know anything about this...? I tried searching in the forums and no luck in the RB thread. Just curious bc i found one for sale... Lmk guys... thanks!!!

yes you can. it's an upgrade for a lot of nissan's and an alternative to aftermarket pumps that will work for engines we never got here...

but a walbro 255 lph would probably be cheaper, probably easier to fit in your gas-tank, and i think they out-flow the z32TT pump.

i wouldn't trust a 10 year old fuel pump from any car, lack of fuel pressure can melt a piston in a heartbeat on boost

as already mentioned an aftermarket fuel pump would be the way to go

personally i recommend the bosch 044

would also recommend the relay/rewire to make sure you have adequate voltage to the pump

Z32 TT pump will out flow a walbro 255 lph

They are 260lph... but as stated, being old isn't one of the good things about them... and the walbro's I believe are rated at 12 volts @ 255lph... I believe the 260lph is either based on a 14.4 volt rating or a 18 volt rating (18 volts being the max that nissan fuel pumps are usually good to operate at, but life is short lived).

I'm using twin 300ZX TT fuel pumps on my RB26 setup, and its working flawlessly........also running E85 and making ~700rwhp

I've actually never seen a Z32 TT fuel pump die....for the record. I've had 3 walbro's die on me personally.....(GS342)

I have personally seen a single Z32 TT fuel pump (without any voltage boosters) make 600rwhp on 93 octaine......

I have never seen a single walbro 342 make anywhere near that....

Sounds good guys... still trying to debate though which one will be better to go down the long run. I just wanted to ask because i found one for sale for 100 bucks. But the original plan was to go with an external fuel pumps and a surge tank. Anyone have any opinions on either setups..? I know its also going to depend on what kind of driving, but lets just say for daily driving for now.. ;D