HybridZ

JTR Z Guys - Fuel pump block off plate leak?

Guest mattrp

I performed the JTR conversion on my car two months ago using the JTR kit. Several

times now I have had the fuel pump block off plate start leaking. I am pretty sure it is a

result of the set back mounting plate hitting the bottom of the plate and destroying the

seal. I have redone the seal with just a felpro gasket, gasket and gasket maker, and just

gasket maker. Every time it has leaked, making a huge mess of the engine, and this time

cutting my day at thunderhill in half. (When you get oil on your tires and every 20 minute run uses a quart of oil, its time to

quit)

Any suggestions for products to block off the leak? I am using one of those stupid chrome plates you get from kragen.

Matt

72 500z

PS - Road Racing Rocks - even in the rain like today at thunderhill

I don't know what to tell you. I also use the JTR method and the fuel pump block off plate is a good .5" away from the mount. Do you have the correct JTR spacers in place? You could shim the mount a bit if more clearence would help. Just use the template in the JTR manual to make a shim.

Also, I just use a simple Moroso chrome plated steel block off plate held on with 4 Allen head bolts and a standard gasket with no problems.

I had the same problem initially. My issue was with my CSI block off plate, which was billet and much thicker than a standard block off plate. I ditched it for a conventional unit and then shimmed the mounts so the plate wasn't making contact with the setback plates!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

• 9 years later...