HybridZ

R34/East Bear seats in an S30

DeLorean

I might be able to pick up a pair of East Bear Sigma seats (same seats that are in an R34 Skyline GTR) for about $500, which is not bad considering two would normally be over $1k. Question is, anyone know of any cars (probably japanese market) with these seats?

I know of one, Yuki Komiya's wild VH45DE V8 Z, link here:

http://forums.subdriven.com/zerothread?id=2115791

They are in the car there, though I wouldn't be surprised if some wizardry was needed. Plus the photos aren't great...

The seller says they are 19" from wing to wing, which I have trouble believing until I see them. Am I right in thinking though, that if that is the case, they should fit (width wise)? I have a '73, forgot to mention that earlier...

So after some measuring and rough fit tests, I bought the seats. The price was just too appealing. They are comfy, plus the bolsters and wings are totally ridiculous. The logo sucks, but I'd like to get them recovered in red leather one day.

Not sure when I will get around to fitting these things in, probably going to run into issues (it's always that way), but I will post some photos as soon anything happens.

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to put these seats in my car, they are not as agressive as the other seats

Seats_GTS_II_LRG.jpg

Thats funny, I sold my black and red leather version of these on ehre not too long ago....I didnt like them much since im a bigger guy, and they sit a little high.

The wings on the r34 seat look ... to me... to hit the window area?

q45zpower_07rw.jpg

Yea, I did a test fit by removing the passenger seat in the car now and put one of these seats in. I didn't have any rails so it was a little too low, but whatever rails I use will have to be pretty small (probably custom) because if you raise the seats very much at all, they won't fit. I'm gonna talk to a welder and see what we can come up with, at least I want the seats to sit lower than the stock ones do...

• 2 years later...

Yea, I did a test fit by removing the passenger seat in the car now and put one of these seats in. I didn't have any rails so it was a little too low, but whatever rails I use will have to be pretty small (probably custom) because if you raise the seats very much at all, they won't fit. I'm gonna talk to a welder and see what we can come up with, at least I want the seats to sit lower than the stock ones do...

any update to this years old posting? I want to see East Bears installed in an S30!