HybridZ

boost controller?

1badeagle

Hello everyone, I recently bought a 83 280zxt and post here and got in trouble. But anyways my car came with a tonnnnnnn of parts. A bed load of extra parts. I found this item in a box and im not sure what it is. I think it is some sort of boost controller. If you know what this is can you help me out by telling me?

280zx002.jpg

Thanks alot,280zx004.jpg

Dustin

Thats what i thought at first, but then i was unsure because because of the hose barbs on it. Is a nxs boost controller any good? Also when i attach a intercooler to my car can i attach the air filter to the turbo some how? Im not sure how to do this without burning my filter. Thanks guys

ok guys thanks alot. I have it set at 8 cause of the pop off valve. I want to shim it. But i cant figure out how to get it off. I tried a huge cresent wrench but it was to thick to get it off. Any ideas guys? how fast can i go on 10 psi?

First of all. You need to do a lot more research. Use the search function. Second please try to improve your keyboard skills, i.e. Capitals , sentence structure, spelling, etc. Good luck.

BTW. That is the boost controller from Turbonetics.

First of all. You need to do a lot more research. Use the search function. Second please try to improve your keyboard skills, i.e. Capitals , sentence structure, spelling, etc. Good luck.

BTW. That is the boost controller from Turbonetics.

Sorry, I was in a hurry. Plus, you clearly could understand it right? I did alot or research, but I still cant find a wrench to fit that. Does anyone know what size it is? What kind of wrench was used?

You don't need to take it off to shim it.

Just drill out the top rivet.

When it's apart you can either tap it for a bolt, or what I did was cut a groove in it for a locking ring.

Also, it takes quite a lot of force to remove it if that's what you want to do. It's a metric size I believe.

You could replace the safety pop valve with a 1" NPT plug from the hardware store, or add a stiffer spring:

1) Another method is to get a big drill bit and drill away just enough of the rivet material on top of the safety pop valve in order to pull the cap off. This way, you can push it back on and it will stay on.

2) With the cover off, push down on the retaining plate and rotate it ~1/8 turn to remove it. See that there is the stock spring and the valve. Remove the spring.

3) Get a really stiff spring from the hardware store (about 1.25 => 1.5 inch diameter) that will be a bigger diameter than the stock spring, but still fit inside the housing. You may need to trim it down a bit (remove coils to shorten the length).

4) Re-install the retaining plate and the springs. It may take a lot of force to do so.

This may be the easier route if you cannot remove the POV and plug it.

Hope this helps! -hughdogz