HybridZ

1978 280z, Rear Bumper Shock removal, help!

I already have the bumper off, And have the bolts out on the shock absorber sleeve (Correct me if the pertruding pains in the @$$ are not called bumper shocks) I have taken off all of the obvious bolts, but they just dont Budge! Im trying to completely shave the rear bumper, and on 280z's its a little complicated apparently. Please help before I get the Plasma Cutter!?!? :icon53:

Bolts behind the plastic panels. When you remove these be sure you plug the holes.

Do you have a photo? Do you mean the ones behind the bolt that you take off when first removing the rubber side of the actually bumper, on the rear left and right quarterpanels? There isnt anything plastic, if you could post a high lighted photo it would mean the world to me

There are bolts in the hatch 'floor' as well so you have to unbolt it from under the car as well as from inside the hatch IIRC

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/2065688

Forgot about that, you'll need to drop the tank, and I'm pretty sure I mutilated the brackets with a cut off wheel to get them out of those tiny bracket holes. I eventually just cut the whole rear out to shave it proper.

More pictures:

http://www.datsunspirit.com/disassemble.html

Did a google search for ya ;)

For the top link, I already removed those 3 bolts, and it wont budge :icon13:. And, After going back out I quickly realised that I would need to drop the tank lol. Which is ok because I was planning in taking it off and Wetsanding it, and maybe repainting it. Or just leave it because we all know "Raw Steel Means Sex Appeal" (from an old add, Raw Steal and Sex Appeal, borla exhaust)

Is the easiest way to patch all the holes on the back-end after the removal just by bondo and sanding?