HybridZ

seats

cameraobsess

Guest Anonymous

Okay, I was laughing allready from the lawn chair thing, but a raft in the back of a pickup bed filled with water? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gifcry2.gif

(That's me laughing so much I'm crying...)

The two wierdest things I can think of are : My buddy had a '54 Ford pickup with aftermarket buckets, three of us decided to start carpooling to college together, so he stuck an old wooden step stool in between the buckets to form a "bench seat", we're lucky we never got pulled over with that one...

Then once I had a buddy that had a '69 Chevelle, it was his only car and we had to use it in the middle of replaceing the door pins, so we drove that (almost fully restored) Chevelle for almost a whole weekend with no doors. Just imagine this pristine Chevelle driving 'round town with no doors like it was a jeep or something!

Guest Anonymous

Lone, how supportive are the Miata seats? Do they lend themselves to hi performance driving? I'm tall but I'm not too wide and I've had my eye on these seats for a while... Can they be used with a racing harness? How much do they weigh? Thanks

I have installed Mustang II seats in a 280Z. Also have Recaro look-a-likes in my 240Z out of a wrecked Honda CRX. I am also putting the seats out of a 300ZX turbo into my v-8 240Z (all eletric). From the looks of it you can almost put anything you want in it. The hardest thing you have to look at is head space and size of the seat and how low you want to be in the car. The mounts are easy to make up or use the old brackets. Good Luck. icon_smile.gif

I have installed Mustang II seats in a 280Z. Also have Recaro look-a-likes in my 240Z out of a wrecked Honda CRX. I am also putting the seats out of a 300ZX turbo into my v-8 240Z (all electric). From the looks of it you can almost put anything you want in it. The hardest thing you have to look at is head space and size of the seat and how low you want to be in the car. The mounts are easy to make up or use the old brackets. Good Luck. icon_smile.gif

Lone, those look really sharp. I just picked up a set of seats from a Starion tonight for $100, included the rears as well, (extra cloth for repairs if needed) no extra cost. You can see a pic here

Seats on ebay

They're in great shape. The guy had them stored for years in plastic bags and boxes. He sold the car but loved the seats so much he couldn't part with them. Well, 'til now.

Guest Anonymous

Yes they do, one of the reasons I wanna go with them. How do you like the head-rest mounted speakers? I'm not too keen on cutting a hole in the doorpanels for the speakers, and mounting them in the headrest sounds like a cool idea, I'm not too sure about the sound quality though icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

Omar,

Fairly supportive, but could use more bolstering in the sides. I havn't used them with harness type belts yet, Its cut fairly narrow across the headrest (mine have the speakers in them as well) and shouldn't pose a problem I don't think with a Y type harness or the H type rollbar. I'd have to go sit in the car to tell you if the harnesses would run level from your shoulder to the rollbar crossbar, but I don't have a cage in it yet either.

Weight wise, probably a toss up between stock and these, they may be even slightly heavier. I used the stock Datsun seat adjusters which are lighter.

If I were doing it again, I'd have made the seat risers in the floor shorter and just used the Mazda seat tracks because they do latch on both sides unlike the early Z. I'd also think about just using tubular risers from the floor to the seat track and bolting them from under the car, that end wrench crap in the car (or ratcheting box if it'll fit) on a 2" threaded stud is for the birds.

Heres a photo:

Aut_0019.jpg

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

To be honest, I havn't checked them out yet, mine are supposedly upgraded ones not the stockers. In the miata I had before they worked ok but got drowned out because of wind buffeting if you had the top down.

My plan since I don't need 25k in stereo, I'll probably use them (headrest speakers) in conjuntion with a small sub and maybe some small tweeters up front or something. On the freeway where you can lay back and enjoy at a reasonable level they'll probably be fine, for hip-hop probably not so much... icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

Dan, great score on those seats! man, what a price for great looking ones too icon_smile.gif It looks like a rollbar may have a bit of difficulty getting past the sides??? Hope not. If you can't use them, I will be more than happy to take them off your hands icon_biggrin.gif

Davy

Dan, I scored the same seats at the local pick-n-pull (couldn't pass'em up for $35 each!!). They are in excellent condition and soooo comfy. The only drawback is that they are a little heavier than I would like...Oh well, they'll be going into the car soon anyway!! So, NICE CHOICE IN SEATS!!

mike icon_smile.gif

I don't know guys. After looking at Lone's swoopy seats those Starion chairs are just too square. And yes, they are as heavy as pigs. Must be the hardware in them for all the adjustments. They do adjust every way from Sunday: headrest, lumbar, side bolsters, thigh support, ect. Levers and knobs everywhere!