HybridZ

Orange house paint

trwebb26

I tried to paint my bathroom an orange/grey rusty color tonight over some white primer... it is semi-gloss paint. It didn't cover at all!!!! Like I was just smearing it around when I tried to put on the 2nd coat. And it kept trying to make runs on me.

I ended up just painting a coat and i'm going to let it dry tonight and put on a second/third coat tomorrow and cross my fingers.

Word to the wise - use tinted primer any time you paint a color with a red base.

BAH! Seems like I'll never get back to my Z project at this pace.

Any kind of paint that had red in it or is in that spectrum of color has a high amount of solids in it doesnt cover that well. Tinted primer will help but sometimes it just takes multiple coats. In order to actually get the effects of multiple coats you actually have to let it dry for 8 hours before you apply your second coat.

I tried to paint my bathroom an orange/grey rusty color tonight over some white primer...

And I thought us Z guys were always trying to get RID of rust.

With the lengths Ive seen people go through, if you painted their bathroom a rust color in the middle of the night... They may be found the next morning curled up in the fetal position in the middle of the bathroom. possibly floating in a puddle of thier own tears.

Ive been kinda lucky with the Zs.. But the trunk of my 57 haunts me.

I thought it was funny anyhow. Good luck with the home improvement project. They are usually no fun at all.

Joe