HybridZ

Need Your Prayers

Challenger

Well my buddy crashed his BMX bike yesterday, we didnt expect it to be bad but when he didnt get up we knew something was wrong. he was out for about 5-10 seconds and was in sever pain. We was coming down a ramp and missed that last couple feet and went over the bars landing on his right shoulder and face.

He went by ambulance to the hospital and it turns out he has a broken number 6 vertebrae. They just called and told me he went into ICU because they cant move his neck to where it needs to be, but I dont know all the details on that part.

Ive known him my for nearly 12 years and is a really good friend. Hes only 18 and has his whole life ahead of him and could really use your guys prayers.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys. Ill try to let you guys know whats all up tonight. Im gonna go see him sometime this afternoon. But basically at this point, there isnt any paralysis, just a really long recovery with lots of pain.

The doctor was being a bitch telling him that his days of extreme sports would be over. No riding on their boat, wakeboarding, dirt biking, biking, etc. But I guess the doctor is always like that and he should be able to do them all once hes up again. But really you dont tell a guy that the day after he breaks his back in the middle of the summer.... I assume depression doesnt help the healing process.

Wow. That doc is a bit of a dick. That isn't really the focus at the moment, his well being and getting healthy are.

My doc (family friend) was always like that too with me racing Motocross. Everytime I got hurt.

I said to him once "I know you guys are all about keeping people healthy and safe, but at what point does life just become self-preservation and boredom in your eyes with those views?"

He didn't have an answer for me and just advised I be careful.

Thanks guys. Ill try to let you guys know whats all up tonight. Im gonna go see him sometime this afternoon. But basically at this point, there isnt any paralysis, just a really long recovery with lots of pain.

The doctor was being a bitch telling him that his days of extreme sports would be over. No riding on their boat, wakeboarding, dirt biking, biking, etc. But I guess the doctor is always like that and he should be able to do them all once hes up again. But really you dont tell a guy that the day after he breaks his back in the middle of the summer.... I assume depression doesnt help the healing process.

Prayers sent, but the doc is right, granted docs timing is WAYYY off but once you break a vertebrae that high up it becomes very dangerous if you reinjure yourself ie paralysis is much more likely.

But it sounds like he's a younger guy so I'm sure he'll be better off than my 42yo coworker who shattered his #5 vert in a roll over accident this past spring.

Thanks guys! Went to see him today and looked alot better. They were so concentrated on his back that they passed over a fracture in his neck. Theyve got him in a chest/back support along with a neck brace.

Theyre hopefully sending him home tonight and hell be given quite a bit of hydros for the time at home...

Thanks again.