HybridZ

How is this for a scare??

rags

I have been on vacation since last Friday spending 2 weeks with the family at our summer house. All has been going exceptionally well until tonight when I receive a call from my mother.

Let me give you a little back ground before I continue my story. My 88 year old grandmother has been living with my parents for the last 2 years. Not that she needs too but it just makes things easier for everyone if she is closer to us as her house is about 30 minutes away. Her house has a nice 3 car attached garage that I use for some of my toys. Currently I have the V8 260Z and the Grand National stored there.

BAck to the story and the content of the phone call which goes something like this. "Joey, where is the red car?" I respond "It's in granny garage with the big black car." To which I get "No it isn't. I'm not kidding, Joe, it's not there. I went to bring your grandmother down to the house to pick up the mail and it's not there. Did you lend it to someone?"

Right about now I'm getting light headed. I've had the car for about 20 years and although it's old school, I feel like I will never sell it. I like it. A lot.

My father gets on the phone and also askes me some questions but by this time all I can think of is the car is gone. Oh, and did I mention the tenant confirmed the car has not been in the garage for 3 weeks?!!?

Totally sick, I hang up the phone and try to figure out what to do. First thing is to turn on the computer and get the phone number of the police of the town where the car is. Not much else I can do since I'm about 2 hours away. Next thing to do is call Clive. He is as sick as I am. When I tell him it has been gone for 3 weeks I can hear a big sigh. He knows also that the car is a goner.

I hang up with Clive and the house phone righs again. I can't talk so my sister answers. More news. My mother called the tennant and asked her to go to the garage and tell her what color cars are in the garage. The response? A black car and a RED CAR!!!!! WTF???? It seems when my mother took my grandmother down to the house, my grandmother looked in the garage got confused between yellow and red. I did take the yellow car out of the garage about a month ago leaving just the red 260 and the GrandNational.

Yep, it sounds like all is good and that Granny just got confused!

In any event, I'm heading back up from vacation for a day to check on the cars and to add another lock to the garage door.

Joe

I would have about had a heart attack :ugg:

I went to socal for 2 weeks and parked the Z on the side of the house behind the gate, not as safe as the garage but you cant see it from the road at least. I still let out a sigh when she was right where I left her.

When I lived in NYC in the 70's, my first motorcycle, and my first car were stolen.

A pretty sickening feeling. You have my sympathy.

Maybe some sort of alarm/tether to the building. Very easy to construct/engineer, easy to make foolproof. Making things SECURE should ease your mind

Yeah Tom. Funny thing is I think it is secure! If something were to get stolen out of that garage it would have to be done by someone who has access (tenent) to the garage.

The garage door gets padlocked on the inside now.

Joe