HybridZ

Classified Rules

B00STDZ

Saw a past thread that was tossed in the shed about the classified rules and saw a post that superdan made asking for suggestions on the betterment of the classified section.

zilvia.net does a "trader rating" system that allows a member after a transaction has been conducted to leave feedback on their profile. Kind of like ebay...

Here is a member with a trader rating on their forum...

http://zilvia.net/f/traderratings.html?u=3705

An amazing sample of a trader rating is what pbnation.com has put into place. It looks just like zilvia's, and as Nick said, it's similar to eBay's.

Here's a link to my trading feedback on there. I got out of paintball shortly after they switched to this system, so I don't have a ton of feedback on it.

Before there was a 'feedback' sub-forum where everyone posted a thread and users that they had a transaction with would make a post. When you wanted to know what a seller/buyer was like you would just search the sub forum for their user name.

Here's that thread.

I know they run on the same system as us (vBulliten), so it might be easy to implement the same kind of idea.

I suggested the same idea in the other thread before Dan had a chance to reply. It's a fine system, which Cockerstar already noted they are already used on several paintball site like pbn and mcb. The VB software has several cool features depending on what verison is used.

I always wondered if you played cockerstar. I personally have a weakness for AGD and half blocks :icon14:

• Administrators
...saw a post that superdan made asking for suggestions on the betterment of the classified section.

Dan asked for suggestions to reduce the chances of someone joining the forum for the sole purpose of scamming. That is the intent of 'minimum posts'. A feedback system is useless in this case.

I suggested the same idea in the other thread before Dan had a chance to reply. It's a fine system, which Cockerstar already noted they are already used on several paintball site like pbn and mcb. The VB software has several cool features depending on what verison is used.

No version of vBulletin has a 'feedback' system built in, only unsupported 3rd party plugins.

Dan asked for suggestions to reduce the chances of someone joining the forum for the sole purpose of scamming. That is the intent of 'minimum posts'. A feedback system is useless in this case.

No version of vBulletin has a 'feedback' system built in, only unsupported 3rd party plugins.

There's some pretty cool 3rd party stuff out there for vBulliten! I have no idea on the costs, but it's always nice to know what kind of experiences others have had with a seller when you're buying something. It doesn't solve the same purpose as the 'minimum posts' does, but it is a nice feature.

Has a system like the 'old' feedback version I outlined earlier been considered?

I'm not sure how much actual work would be needed to do it, but I think it's just adding another sub-forum to the B/S/T area.

...I always wondered if you played cockerstar. I personally have a weakness for AGD and half blocks :icon14:

A bit off topic here, but I definitely used to play.

Paintball was my first addiction, girls were the second, and Zs came third ;)

I made my own half block back in the day! Makes me want to convert it to pump and start playing again...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/cockerstar/guns/DSCN3757.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/cockerstar/guns/DSCN3756.jpg

I like the rating idea...look at what has happened with ohhh lets say 280zforce justin (if you dont know look at big phils videos).

Just because theyve been members forever, vendors, have huge post counts, that doesnt mean crap to me. If you had this kind of system you get feedback on if they gouge you (money/time/shipping/etc) or misrepresent a product/item for sale/trade.