HybridZ

driveshaft bolt size

7MGFORCE

• Administrators
Can I just go to home depot and get grade 8 bolts, washer and lock nut?

I wouldn't do that. The stock bolts are shoulder bolts for a reason. That is what I would use if at all possible.

Edited by RTz

I agree with RTZ. Unless your Home Depot is a hell of a lot better than the 3 within 10 miles of my house your not going to find metric (8mmx30mm) grade 10.9 bolts there. You sure don't want to use a bolt the does not fit the holes in the JTR adapter and the diff, get metric.

BTW the JTR instructions said to use 8mmx30mm socket bolts, nylon lock nuts and to use red locktite. I picked all that up but soon discovered the 30mm bolt are not long enough to engage the nylon on the lock nuts, I ended up getting 40mm bolts. My ACE Hardware has a great selection of grade 10.9 (stronger than grade 8) metric stuff.

I agree with RTZ. Unless your Home Depot is a hell of a lot better than the 3 within 10 miles of my house your not going to find metric (8mmx30mm) grade 10.9 bolts there. You sure don't want to use a bolt the does not fit the holes in the JTR adapter and the diff, get metric.

BTW the JTR instructions said to use 8mmx30mm socket bolts, nylon lock nuts and to use red locktite. I picked all that up but soon discovered the 30mm bolt are not long enough to engage the nylon on the lock nuts, I ended up getting 40mm bolts. My ACE Hardware has a great selection of grade 10.9 (stronger than grade 8) metric stuff.

Okay I will go to ace hardware and see if I can find gem. Btw when you say socket bolt your talking about the one with the Allen wrench key on the top? Or just regular bolt? Also m10 or m8?

Yep, use an allen wrench. I think the 8mm or 10 mm depends on the car. Mine uses 8mm, take the JTR flange with you to be sure.

Okay I will go to ace hardware and see if I can find gem. Btw when you say socket bolt your talking about the one with the Allen wrench key on the top? Or just regular bolt? Also m10 or m8?