HybridZ

MSII Hicup off idle Help!

dts300z

Ok it idles great but when I try to roll into the throttle it will hicup and the tach signal will drop then come back like its fighting to get up to RPM. Then when I ease it past by feathering the throttle it clears up... wierd.

I'll try to attach my msq and data log...

Thanks for any help...

Dan

MSII 3.57SMD

MS2.0.1

megasquirt200908072021.zip

Sorry for the lack of information...

Engine: LT1 355 T-70 turbo

Injectors: 60lb

Trigger wheel: 36-1 with a Ford VR sensor (no EDIS)

Coils: LS1 setup for wasted spark (modded by DIY)

Narrow Band O2 (for now) I am tuning the fuel with a WB I borrowed

MS2/Extra 2.0.1 firmware

When I try getting it off idle its goes lean which I guess it could be going full rich or dropping spark all together. It seems like it is dropping spark since I can see the RPM drop to 0 then it picks back up and then it will clear up once I work it past that point off idle. It shows that in the log but I was just unsure what could be causing that weather it be timing or fuel.

Ok just an update. With a little guidance from the almighty Matt Cramer we got it fixed. It ended up that the VR sensor wires were backward... who would have thought it would even rev up let alone idle with the wires backwards. Well I chalked up another learning experience with this one.

Thanks for the help!!!

Videos will follow after a little fine tuning.

• 3 months later...

Hey DTS, I know this may be an old thread, but I seem to be having a hesitation/stumbling coming off from idle like you did. But if I get my foot in the gas just a tad more, it clears up and drives fine. Only light throttle applications cause these conditions. My only difference is that I am running the stock turbo dizzy. I doubt my wires are mixed, but I assume that would cause different running conditions than if you had them mixed on the VR sensor. If you have any ideas, shout them at me. In the mean time, I will keep this up to date on my progress.

Thanks!

Adam SIlver

Sounds like it could be noise but it could also be in the tune. Have you data logged the stumble? Thats how I always narrow down where a stumble could be coming from. When there is noise in a circuit I have always noticed the RPMs bounce around but you will just need to check and see. I don't have much experience with the MS but I sure someone here might be able to chime in a help out a little more.

Dan

Thanks DTS,

I'm in the proccess of trying to eliminate as much signal noise as possible. I went back and looked at my tune last night and for some reason my EGO corrections were set to a min of 800 rpms. I changed it and it cleaned up a lot of the stumble. I'll keep my progress posted as it gets better.