HybridZ

any way to simulate the elements?

Iceman

I am considering a few different materials for the interior of my Z. I am just wondering if anyone knows of a decent way to simulate the elements (sun, cold, etc). I was thinking of repeated exposure to dry-ice and a hair-dryer, and maybe letting it bake on the roof of my house. Any ideas?

If you want to simulate the elements, the easiest way is toss it out in the elements for a few days...

Seems logical to me.

I guess i should have been more specific.. trying to simulate an extended period of time of exposure.

which elements? I'd agree on a tanning bed, or go to a welder/machine shop and have them hang it on their safety screens for a day or three, tons of UV from welding. Chemical treating them with a slightly acidic water (read: add some vinegar) submerged should do it. You'd be amazed what a dryer and a properly misused oven can do to stuff...

Just make sure you're wife wont kill you for attacking her houshold appliances.

use a meat dehydrator...it will really dry it out good without phisically burning it...

Oo, good idea.

Clothes dryer sounds good too.. maybe just have the wife leave a scrap of the fabric in the dryer with all of the loads for a week.

• 1 month later...