HybridZ

Ok little Help lol AC Engine Mount Removal

RUZN

So im tearing down my VG30E, To clean up the Cams, the valve covers are going to be painted ec ect. Now I cant take the drivers side valve cover off as its getting stuck on the AC mount now I have read some people hit it with a Hammer but I dont want to damage the Cover so I also want to lose the unneeded weight of that chuck or Iron so am I missing a bolt somewhere for the Mount cause I cant seem to free it lol. Cant see any other bolts cant feel any other bolts.. It could be that I am always working on my Z from 12AM to 3am and my brains tired lol . Anyone know if there is something behind the timing cover backing plate?

I remembered this thread last night when talking to a local friend who has a Z31 because I need to do this as well.

I asked him how to remove that bracket, and he said the easiest way is to take the inlet boot to the turbo off. [You might have an N/A car though - I see you wrote VG30E]

Anyways, if the compressor is already off just take your hand and run it down the middle of that bracket, you will feel two bolts at the very bottom on the inside of the bracket.

It looks like a pain in the arse, but as soon as the S30 gets back up I'll be taking the Z31 down for a weekend for maintenance. And plan on ditching that bracket when I put my MBC on.

Good luck!

Yep I removed those and ran my hand everywhere through the multitude of gunk and dirt and cannot find anymore bolts LOL. I figure its fused on my some sort of Z-Force. So I am heading to the store to buy 10,000Watts of Light power to not only see but to melt the bastard off!!

Also taking pictures for future Morons liek myself.