HybridZ

Can't afford a to pay a ticket in full, what do I do?

josh817

This sucks. Its saying an attorney is $30 plus court fees and the ticket fees but like... why would I hire an attorney if they can't get the job done. Why would I pay $30 to have a judge say nope you still pay the ticket and have to do the course.

And no offset on them.

im4g2e.jpg

Once I get money again I have to finish what I started with on the EDIS and then I have the 4 wheel disk brakes. I do hope they will fit under the 14" rims. Not so worried about the rears but the fronts are the vented toyota calipers so its like booooooowaaaa! o_O

Heyooooooo /win!

They can extend the ticket of a whopping $217 by 30 days and I get 90 days for defensive driving which leaves me alllll clear. I will do this, but I'll wait until the very day like on the 27th (due the 28th) this way my 30 days starts as late as possible. I am happy again.

If I'm to be honest you guys, I don't mind the ticket. It was a lesson learned, I drive calmly now, and I don't spend my money on anything but car and books, not big on saving money just yet. So a hit like this I just see it as "ok lets go get some work done in the shop and that will help Dad and myself". He can always use help, keep the cars flowing. He has a bad habit of taking in a lot of full ground up restorations so we can only take in so many quick turn arounds. :/

Oh and by the way about the tires. I like to keep front and backs the same so I can rotate them, even for on the track. Most the time we take the front tires and throw them on the back, buy 2 new ones and put on the front. Then again our cars (triumphs) are locked rear ends so the rears are gone while the fronts are just fine. And I don't think CVAR allows R compound tires anymore because of how well they work.

I have won half of the tickets that I have fought over the years. It was kind of fun. I actually had one officer recommend that I be found guilty with points only and no fine because I researched a lot of stuff and asked him thirty or forty questions on the stand.

With your story about the speedometer you could plead not guilty then explain sincerely that you believed you were donig the speed limit at the time. If you are sincere and not trying to B.S. the judge they can be pretty darn reasonable.

Just pay and take care of it. With tickets and stuff, I get bothered by them every night while I'm staring at the ceiling try to fall asleep. Little pestering things that don't go away until I've finally paid. Thats why I'm so eager to pay, and when I do pay, I'm happy and relieved rather than angry.