HybridZ

Blown Jaguar V8

Volstandigkeit

I am very suprised to see that people have had all the good luck with the jag/lincoln motors. At the shop I work at, we have seen nothing but trouble out of these things. We just did a 27 hour timing chain R&R on an S type with only 90k on it. About 4 weeks ago we had another S type with only 75k that had popped the head gaskets, and this car was perfectly clean, maint. records etc. And then all of them have the normal coil boot breakdown to cause a lifetime of misfires. So I guess if you are going to use one, go ahead and put Timing chains on it, and follow the service manual instructions very carefully.

ok i guess i should have said a jag 4.2 powered z it's true there are a few Z's with the iron 12, good eye, speaking of the 4.2 v8, i checked out some salvage pic of the 3.0 liter bell housing bolt pattern and the bolt pattern on the 4 liter. it looks to me like the manual trans from the 3 liter might bolt up to the 4 liter. if so that trans would be cheaper than a xk trans and wouldn't require a custom adapter plate. I don't know it's probably worth a little research. There is a danger you wind up with a glass trans but i bet it works fine.