HybridZ

surge tank questions

I have a 76 280z with a 2002 LS1, stock fuel tank and a Walboro 225 pump. I plan on using a C5 filter/regulator. I have been (drinking burbon) searching for how to do a surge tank correctly. Which one to buy. I want to do the VIR driving classes, to give you an idea of the driving I would like to do.The info here is speratic to me, can someone help me with my setup please. There are do many different set ups out there. Thanks Scott.

For Z cars, it's 'make your own' as usual, for the most part. set up a low pressure fuel pump to feed the surge tank, and high pressure pump to receive fuel from the surge tank. Surge tank should be at least a quart, and can be made by a shop that does radiator welding out of aluminum. All it takes it a cylinder, 2 ends to it to make it hermatically sealed, and 4 bungs welded in to accept NTP fittings.

The tank should be tall and cylindrical, with 4 fittings, 2 on each side. One high, one low on each side. Feed lines are on the bottom, return lines on top:

R2|-|R1

♥♥| |

F2|_|F1

R is return, F is feed.

fuel tank -> low pres. pump-> F1

R1 -> gas tank return

F2 -> high pres pump->corvette fuel filter feed

corvette fuel filter return -> R2