HybridZ

Downloadable White Gauge Faces?

19762802+2

I looked around on the site because i remember seeing a site to download them before, and i didn't have to chance to then. I found the site again and its no longer there.

So i was wondering does anyone have the download anymore? or know of a site that still offers them.

Be careful when choosing a supplier, I ordered some one time that were designed to go over the originals and all the numbers were twisted about 1/4" from where they were supposed to be.

It looked alright in the daytime, but once the lights came on, you could see the original thru the overlays. So every thing was duplicated.

I ordered another kit that I liked much better, they were a heavier plastic type stuff and are lighted. With a knob you can change color from blue to green. Can't remember where I got it, 5 years ago.

I have the metric one if its any help? I thought I had both but it seems I dont.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/eric_503/240z/260z_metric_speedo_guage_white.jpg

I used these and overlayed them with the stock speedo, it looks like they are quite off. I have the 260km/h at the 155mph mark, which is off by 12km/h. 100km/h reads 56mph, which is actually 90km/h. Close, but not quite close enough for me...

Guest eric_503

Hmm Im not sure,I downloaded these and printed them for my dash but havent had the chance to put them on yet. I'll play around with it abit and see what I can get. It might just be in the sizing.

The overall size was decent about 0.030" too large on the diameter though. I've redone it in vector format now, and it should be bang on. (I am using a 78 280z gauge as my guide, since it has km/h on it... it looks accurate enough) I will print a trial tomorrow and test fit a last time before sending it out for vinyl.

I also didn't like how the font matched up with the stock Z gauge fonts, the stock font appears to be Arial. I chose Impact instead, it's not a perfect match but I like it better overall... I think. I may yet go back to Arial.

For those making their own, the 20km/h increments are 22° apart.

JPEG attached. ***THIS IS NOT A FINAL COPY SO IF YOU DOWNLOAD IT, USE IT AND IT SUCKS, TOO BAD***

If anyone has other suggestions they think would improve it let me know.

Speedometer km-h_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drax240z

Thanks for all the help guys but Metric isn't going to help me any i need mph haha I'm thinking you could put the gauge faces onto a scanner and then do whatever you want but i don't have a cord for my scanner yet and i was wondering if anyone else did this and had the files for Mph and the fuel gauge and the other gauges

Thanks for all the help guys but Metric isn't going to help me any i need mph haha I'm thinking you could put the gauge faces onto a scanner and then do whatever you want but i don't have a cord for my scanner yet and i was wondering if anyone else did this and had the files for Mph and the fuel gauge and the other gauges

That exact thing has been done, search and ye shall find! (I found it last night, so I know it's here)

OK, the one posted above lined up very well with the 78 280z speedo I was using as a template. That's not to say it's perfect, it's only as good as the speedo I am using.

Attached is the comparison to the one eric_503 posted above. Not sure what source it came from, but the final results are quite different, as you can see.

Speedo comparison_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drax240z

I got these gauges from a member here (thanks mike) but these are for the 280z and are for all the gauges, just thought i would post them up for anybody else that has been looking for them. Oh and they are in Mph and has the Volt gauge, all you need to do is download and print them they will print out the right size all you have to do is cut them.

280zgauges.zip

To complete the loop, here is the final result:

RGL_9314.jpg

I'm 90% happy with it, the only issue being my installation. I will install it back in the car this weekend and take a few more photos.

If anyone is interested, I have another vinyl decal that I may be willing to part with. PM please.