HybridZ

Coughing Rich black smoke on accel from Stop

RUZN

So, I have had this issue for awhile now and have been able to medicate it for the most part.

Couple things:

Swapped ECU's to the 300zxTurbo

Tb swapped to 240SX

I had a 300zx O2 sensor but it got fouled due to a pressure regulator issue so I put the stock 280zxTurbo O2 in for now.

Issue:

Morning idle rough until warm (not extreme but backfiring if you step on it)

After driving down the road or first thing in morning when I go to press throttle I get hesitation, stumbling and coughs of black smoke

Stop sign or lights: complete stop I got to WOT and it coughs and sputters

until I hit about 2500rpm and turbo kicks in and vwoosh car goes flying.

after its cruising its totally normal, tons of power.

I cant remeber if my 300zxt O2 sensor cured this issue cause it only lasted a week cause FPR was at 60psi so it fouled plugs and O2

Now its fine to drive around when your moving but if you do a complete stop and then go to throttle her she hesitates 85% of the time.

Plus it seems to be using to much fuel.

As a Apprentice Mechanic I would say its the O2 but if I move the tps around or move ignition timing around sometimes its better or worse *TPS movement geneally makes it horrible*

So.....

My main guess is the 280zxt O2 is not right for the 300zxt ECU, I have my NA o2 300zx in the garage I could try that I suppose as I also have the Turbo DOwnpipe from a scrap yard.

I also have the 300zx MAF as I have my 300zx Im rebuilding in garage to.

so if anyone Can tell me the proper proceedure for TPS settings/MAF settings, O2 Sensor wiring (Like which pins are the 3 O2 sensor wires going to) and anything else tips ect let me know TY guys!

Tired of $20 liters lasting 120km and crappy starts off the line.

yeah see after its warm for the most part like 90% its fine runs great tons of power. but if I sit at a light to long (its idelling awesome) but when I go to go it bogs and puffs some smoke unless I let off throttle for a half second or jam on it and let the turbo blow that crap out LOL so weird!!.. I hear now to check my ECU connections so I guess Ill tap the damn things tight so they dont move and see if that helps