HybridZ

N47 Intake w/pics

Animefun

Hi

I am all new to the L6 and i was just wondering what i can remove from the intake, and what everything is on it!

Only thing i know is the cold start valve, everything else is just a blur of fuel lines.

Im adding a picture so you guys can pin-point hwere all the different things are!

Z%20Intake%20%208%2077%20%203%2078%20%200001.jpg

Thanks

-Tom

I'm using a GM ECM to control my L28, so I replaced the TB with an GM 3400 TB (going to change to a 3100 TB, since it's smaller soon), and was able to remove a lot of comonents and bolt bosses that would have been on it.

I mention the previous because it changed the throttle activation from linkage to cable, and set-up the fuel system a little differently than stock, going with a single (custom) fuel rail, instead of the stock looped fuel rail.

What I started with:

Stock%20intake%2001.jpg

What I ended up with:

Intake02.jpg

And what the final assembled product looked like last year (since going to DIS I was able to flip the TB over and help "clean up" the engine bay a bit more):

turbo%20driver%20day%20front.jpg

• Administrators

If you search, you will find TONS of info, dedicated threads to what can and cannot be removed and still retain all the functionality Nissan originally intended.

Here are a few examples.

Customer car, N-47 intake, EGR removed, stock EFI, functions 100% OE.

intMedium.jpg

My personal daily driver, N-42 intake, stock EFI. Only comprise made here was the elimination of the air flow regulator. Higher warm idle speed for a decent cold idle speed.

BraapCustom.jpg

My personal Race car, N-42 intake, Mega Squirt EFI and distributor-less ignition.

Pearl2Medium.jpg

DSC_7981Medium.jpg

Another customer, N-42 intake, stock EFI.

Running.jpg

Another customer, N-42 intake, WOLF V4 EFI.

Mikey1Small.jpg

Another customer, ZX manifold, WOLF V4 EFI.

Clint1Medium.jpg

Another customers intake I did next to a virgin intake showing various bosses removed, holes plugged etc.

comp.jpg

As I mentioned, if you search, you will find all these and others documented and even dedicated threads covering what can and cannot be removed and what affects on performance, drivability, those modification will have etc.

Good luck,

Paul

• Administrators
that zx manifold is niceeee....

Can I ask what it looks like on the inside and why the rationale of using a zx tapered manifold over a larger non-tapered unit? (or is that super-secret? :P)

It was 13 years ago when I cleaned up that manifold. I used it because it's what I had :wink: