HybridZ

diff ? 390/1 r200

Larryz 260

I want to get an r200 with 390 gears. I would like to find one with lsd but I will get an open one if that is all I can find. What cars have 390's in it. I have read that the 87-89 have 390's and that 79 j type has one also. Will the 87-89 turbo shafts fit the open diff from that year or is there an easer way to do this. I am putting this in a 74 260 thanks

I pulled my 3.9 R200 from a 1981 280ZX 2+2 just two weeks ago. Sadly, you never know if the diff has been swapped out prior. The only sure way is to pull the inspection cover and checking the ring gear markings. I konw this because we pulled another diff about a month ago that should have been a 3.7 but it turned out to be a 3.54 ratio.

I have done alot of reading here and other sites. I thought 80-83 zx had 370's in them and what axles do I need for those, will the ones out of the 80-83 work in my 260 and if I use the 390 out of a 87-89 open diff. will the turbo 87-89 axles work. Ok witch one would be easer the 80-83 or 87-89 thanks