HybridZ

JCI AC mount alignment issues?

No luck with the standard serpentine belt. On my engine it is 1968mm long which appears to be about 50mm too long. I see from various belt catalogues there is a 1917mm belt which should do the trick - does anyone know the length of the belt they use with the JCI setup?

I didn't buy the compressor from JCI and just purchased a Sanden 508 separately. It appears to be physically bigger than the one with John's kit but still mounts okay and if anything should have made my OEM belt too tight. Any thoughts?

post-1266-057114800 1290314269_thumb.jpg

post-1266-044301600 1290314319_thumb.jpg

post-1266-081346600 1290314371_thumb.jpg

No luck with the standard serpentine belt. On my engine it is 1968mm long which appears to be about 50mm too long. I see from various belt catalogues there is a 1917mm belt which should do the trick - does anyone know the length of the belt they use with the JCI setup?

I didn't buy the compressor from JCI and just purchased a Sanden 508 separately. It appears to be physically bigger than the one with John's kit but still mounts okay and if anything should have made my OEM belt too tight. Any thoughts?

Well - Yours will differ from mine because I have an under drive crank pulley, but it was very simple to get the belt required. Just have a friend hold the tensioner all the way in and have a wire ready that you can route as if it were the belt.

Twist the wire together while the wire is very tight in place, then let 1/4 of the tension off the tensioner which will stretch your twist knot, then make a mark on the wire with a sharpie, then take the wire off, untwist it and measure the distance between your 2 marks - that's the size belt you need - then go to Napa tell them the length and you have your belt - if your belt size falls between 2 increments buy the larger on of the two...

The belt I used was NAPA code 060721 but don't forget I have an under drive pulley and I think the next larger size would be better because mine is kinda tight

Here's a few pics that may help you:

post-154-094243400 1290352703_thumb.jpg

post-154-051725100 1290352711_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjones