HybridZ

Best source for Brass Cap/Rotor for Turbo?

I started a thread over on zcar.com, but haven't found them yet.

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/2078330/2080127

I am looking for the Cap and Rotor for a 1983 280ZX Turbo (81-83 should be the same), but I would prefer the ones with gold colored contacts, I believe the material is brass. It seems the ones I have with silver contacts (aluminum) wear out faster.

Around here we have NAPA, Autozone, Advance A.P., O'Reilly and Pepboys. NAPA's Premium ones are still aluminum contacts and kind of pricey ($33/$12). All the other places only carry the aluminum ones. Does anyone know if there's a place online that sells these with brass contacts? I bought a tune-up kit from MSA and they both had aluminum contacts.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Brazle

What about the OEM Nissan cap & rotor? What kind of contacts do those have? You can still get the Nissan parts from Courtesy for about $42 for both.

From looking on the Courtesyparts.com website, the picture looks like they are silver colored, so I called and the guy said they are aluminum not brass.

They actually only have a picture of the N/A cap, no pic of the turbo cap. But the guy said the turbo cap was aluminum too.

22162-00003.jpg