HybridZ

$400 for an L28ET?

Cutlass372

Get that ecu, airflow meter, and EFI harness as well.

Don't sweat the harness for the rest of the car but they do interact........but only ignition switch, a relay, fuel pump, and tach connection.

I had only 15 minutes to remove a harness from a car and had to cut it off in a couple of places and was able to make it into a standalone harness that I still keep around today.

Also.....get the coil and the other things bolted to the coil bracket.

Give the guy $500.

While you are pulling the engine out, repeatedly grab things and ask him "Can I take this, too?" fifty thousand times, getting everything under the hood, the fuel pump, and the 76 280Z gas tank. Despite the contradictory answers earlier in your own thread, the 76 tank will be a useable, EFI compatible fuel tank for you to put into your 72 240.

You will get a perfectly good deal, provided that it does all work well.

Hydraulic head or not is no problem whatsoever. News of its great detriment has been greatly exaggerated.

Have fun turbocharging your 240!!!!!

$400 is pretty decent even if you don't get the ECU and such. I probably spent close to that on just the Nissan specific external parts for my conversion. Exhaust manifold, intake, Cam cover, electronic dizzy, wasn't a "turbo" dizzy in my case, just converting from points to electronic to be able to run the GM ignition control module I needed to use, thermostat housing, I had to change that for fuel rail clearance in my case.

In your case you would bet getting all of those parts, along with the complete long block, and turbo for that price.

I'm not saying to not ask for the ECU and such, but even if you don't get them included in that price, it's still a decent price to me.

I also wouldn't be too worried about getting the ECU and wiring harness, swapping to MegaSquirt or a GM ECM (which is what I use) would be a step above the original Nissan EFI for the L-series. Also the Z31 turbo ECU seems to be a popular choice for updating the ECU for the turbo L-series.

I don't think $400 is too bad, especially in the eastern half of the US. I paid $300 for my 83 turbo motor without the turbo. I had the motor rebuilt and picked up a P90 head to prevent problems down the road. I think the advice to try to get everything thrown in for one price (whatever that is) is a good idea. Assuming the gas tank is in decent shape, I'd grab that too. What year is your Z, I THINK 70 to 76 tanks are interchangeable from a fit standpoint.