HybridZ

S30 wheels, are these a must, or a bust....

Well, obviously anything free cant be to much of a bust, but here goes my story. One of my lugs got stripped on my 78 280z, so we sat there pondering if the ones I ordered would fit or not (they did), but a Roto Rooter guy pulled over on the side of the road and got out and vigorously yelled, "hey, is that your car?" so I answered ya, long pointless story short, I got these 3 wheels for free from a 75 280z, they are in good condition and One of them I sanded down to see how rough they were, they are headed for the sandblaster later this week, the problem ive run into is if I should buy one more of these to make a set and use them as my spare drift/auto-x wheels, or should I use them as show wheels, my other option is to sell them. That is where the helpful people from hybridz.org come in, can you give me a estimated worth on these and how hard it would be to find one more. Here are the photos,

DSC08443.jpg

DSC08445.jpg

Those are the ones I kind of cleaned up for comparison. dont mind the little dog, he's an attention whore. Now heres what they looked like in the back of my truck.

DSC08447.jpg

DSC08449.jpg

Dirty dirty... Please give me an estimate on what they would be worth all cleaned up?!?!

They really aren't worth very much at all due to their size, I believe these looks like 14", and the fact that you only have 3 doesn't help. I also don't think they'd be worth much as a complete set of 4.

There is currently a similar style on ebay which are in excellent condition and the buy it now price is only 100USD.

Personally I do like this style of wheel and have purchased a similar set, with a 7" wide diameter for my Z. I was lucky to find tyres for them but they weren't easy to source by any means.

They really aren't worth very much at all due to their size, I believe these looks like 14", and the fact that you only have 3 doesn't help. I also don't think they'd be worth much as a complete set of 4.

There is currently a similar style on ebay which are in excellent condition and the buy it now price is only 100USD.

Personally I do like this style of wheel and have purchased a similar set, with a 7" wide diameter for my Z. I was lucky to find tyres for them but they weren't easy to source by any means.

no kidding, I have a same style wheel on my Z right now that is 14x7. they dont have as many arms coming from the hub area, If i could find one more of these 14x6's I would totally use them as my drift wheels, the tires are dirt cheap and they are small mass so its easier to get spinning and you can have your car lower. If I could just find one more, thats the problem, or two more that are wider for the back.

My Z came with those wheels when I bought it in 1989. I never could get rid of the shimmy until I got new wheels, not matter how many times I balanced them. Not to say they are bad wheels....they just bring me bad memories.

good to know, the wheels I have now shake the car around 85/90 pretty bad. They are basically these with less arms and lower offset. 14x7 205/70/R14. maybe its just the certain point when the wheel and the road meet at a certain mph and they shake a little, my other two cars do that at different points. I guess I can just slide the crap out of these and see how they hold up.

I was given a set of those when I bought a '75, back in 2001. I had the old tires removed from them and noticed that they were REALLY heavy! I decided I didn't want such a great rotating mass slowing my car down so I sold them to the metal buyer for scrap.

But FYI, they are a very common wheel and probably aren't worth more than about $25 each. Plus, they're hard to clean.

Just my attitude toward these wheels.

I was given a set of those when I bought a '75, back in 2001. I had the old tires removed from them and noticed that they were REALLY heavy! I decided I didn't want such a great rotating mass slowing my car down so I sold them to the metal buyer for scrap.

But FYI, they are a very common wheel and probably aren't worth more than about $25 each. Plus, they're hard to clean.

Just my attitude toward these wheels.

Ive noticed they are heavy. I think ill post them on the AE86 and corrolla form, the crazy japs are into these kinda wheels so Id probably get 200$ for all of them, they still have good tread on them.

For my auto-x wheel and drift Ive come to the conclusion to do a 15x8 Bassett Racing wheel in Silver, they wiegh 17pounds, they are bullet proof aswell.