HybridZ

Building a new Z, Need help.

DevilZ69

Hey guys, im new to the forums hehe, anyway i am currently building a new Z(s30,280z) which i bought for roughly 600$, it still running but the body needs to be repaired and repainted.it still has the original tail lights and headlight, dashboard is pretty much intact.it currently has a toyota 2t DOHC carburated engine under the hood.im having the body done this month, strip to metal.

Moving on, i was thinking of putting an Rb25 under the hood,i was just wondering what modifications are necessary in order for the whole car to function(Performance and safety wise) should i modify the chassis or put on some rollcage, thing like that, im totally new to restoring cars so sorry if i ask noob question .BTW i live in the philippines so finding parts for my z wont be that hard hehe,we have a place here called banawe where you could virtually find everything and anything(rb25,rb26 you name it they have it hehe lol) for your car and yeah its cheap plus you could still haggle for a lower price :mrgreen:

thanks guys! appreciate it!

Well, since it's a 280, modifying the chassis wont be absolutely necessary unless you get up in the high HP ranges (most seem to agree on 350+). I think a roll-bar, at least, is a good idea just for safety. As you will find from searching/reading, it REALLY depends on what you plan on doing with it.

Oh, and WELCOME! Love the S30s! :mrgreen:

Well, since it's a 280, modifying the chassis wont be absolutely necessary unless you get up in the high HP ranges (most seem to agree on 350+). I think a roll-bar, at least, is a good idea just for safety. As you will find from searching/reading, it REALLY depends on what you plan on doing with it.

Oh, and WELCOME! Love the S30s! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the information bro! i think a rollbar would be the best bet.hehe.thanks!

Lot's o Searching. The RB is rapidly becoming one of those beat to death engine swaps.

...Not to say that's a bad thing ;)

Anyway, plenty of serchable help here. Step by step instructions courtesy stoney can be found here

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=77962

haha lol, thanks for the link bro, i chose an rb because i will be using it to go to school, fuel efficient yet powerful.lol

:eek: