HybridZ

l28 vs l28et parts help

kelltainer

ok I have read the things you need to change on a NA l28 when swapping in the l28et are the fuel pump, distributer, ecu and wire harness.

however on napas website they only give option for the Z and all the parts are saying they are the same.

Any help here please?

I am buying an l28et here in the next week if not sooner and I need to know asap. Plus I have no idea why the distributer or the fuel pump wouldnt work....unless the fuel pump is too low but that seems like a very wierd for nissan to do.

Hmmm.... This is borderline not deserving a reply, but the Turbo Fuel pump is a higher capacity fuel pump [Go to autozone and they're different]

Also Walboro 255s are around $100, which would be the cost of a replacement N/A pump.

and the Dizzy is dependant on the EFI you choose to go with - You need the L28ET dizzy if you are going with the ZXT harness, if you are going standalone there are a billion options.

k i have looked and tried to find some of this on here hpwever when searching for l28 to l28et swap and things of that nature, it doesnt come up with what I want and I dont want to surf through 12 pages...

i figured it was a higher performance one but by how much is it lower? i asked this for specifics not the general stuff I have been readin ;).

p.s never buy anything from autozone please, they supply crappy parts. Our shop will not even install anything from there.

Yeah AZ parts aren't really top-notch, which is probably why they have a life time guarantee on most of their parts heh

The Turbo replacement pump is about 200 GPH versus 95 GPH like the N/A pump, I could be mistaken on that though.

Honestly I'm not really sure. I'd suggest going with the Walbro.

ok cool thanks man, if it was only 50 at most lower I may have stayed with the stock, but that is a huge gap! I will most likely be going with the ecu/wire harness from the actual l28et car that the engine is coming out of. it will save me a lot of trouble.

As to the dizzy why doesnt it work from mine? Does it sit different? does it not handle the amps that it needs too? or is it too weak for what I am putting in it?

Sorry for the questions I jsut came from the Honda scene and a lot of guys there are not too bright. For instance they say go get the vtec part but it a lot of time the same as an Ls(for the integras) and you point it out and they flip and do not give examples as to why it is different. So I am just trying to figure out the nitty gritty of this stuff that way I know why its different isntead of just reading it is.

I am learning the ins and outs of diagnosing cars right now which is partly where wanting to actually the differences comes from.

also if it just a slight different pin out, I can just repin whatever i need instead of buying a different harness.

Read over this :)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=153195

The 82-83 Dizzys have a Crank Angle Sensor in the Dizzy, the 81s have a trigger wheel on the Crank Balancer.

You'll need these for the ZXT ECU.

Did your L28ET not come with one?

Start immersing yourself in this section:

http://forums.hybridz.org/forumdisplay.php?f=70

and I read this about 85 times when I was going to do it on my 78:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=99620