HybridZ

Had a rude awakening

dr_hunt

Here in Texas we just drag the body back in the house and then call the cops.

how true, don't forget to wash the blood trail. If they ask why it's wet tell them the sprinklers came on. :mrgreen:

Doc I'm glad you're fine and you managed to chase him away.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay for my system to be "immediate" and I also pay for false alarms. If my alarm goes off and the cops aren't here ASAP, I'm gonna call my alarm company and have someone's a$$. I would rather have the cops show up pointing guns at me and make me prove I live here then them show up when they feel like it. Most of the time my wife and kids are here alone but between the dog the shotgun (which my wife is pretty good with) and the alarm, I think there pretty safe.

I think thoughts like this are give you a sense of false security.

The alarm is meant to bring attention to your house and hopefully scare off the intruder not to protect you.

The dog, (while I own one too) provides very poor protection as well.

Shotgun, while that is probably the best defense. If you keep it locked up unloaded, it's pretty useless as well.

Discovery I believe it was used to have a show where two criminals would break into people houses showing people how easy it was even though they "thought" they were secure. Even locks in most homes are underrated. Occasionally they would come across somebody who thought they were "impenetrable" and rise to the challenge. I remember one episode they broke in, alarm went off, they walked out the front door with the loot before the cops showed. It was really interesting to see how the animals act when somebody really did break in about 8/10 were friendly and the other 2/10 either ran off or were aggressive. What was even scarier is how neighbors didn't even question them.

My car got broken into in my driveway last year while the alarm was set on it. It's a very violated feeling you get but it makes you realize how vulnerable you really are. How fences give and alarms give a false sense of security.

-Ed