HybridZ

83 280zx project w/ pics

kelltainer

Ok So i bought this car for $400 and it needs a lot of tlc but it will be an awesome project! It only has a little bit of rust most of the problems are from not taking care of the vehicle. The bottom end is blown but everything else work on the car(well besides the Ac).

I am getting an l28et next week to put in it before I put it in I will be putting new gaskets on the whole engine and a new water pump. I will also be buying a walbro 255 fuel pump for the install.

So far i took out the passanger seat and the passenger carpet to clean it but it turns out the carpet is bad. The seats will need to be reupholstered and I will most likely need new carpet throughout the whole car.

The previous owner tried to paint the car and didnt do it right so my next step after dropping the engine in is to get it sanded down and painted. He also thought it would be cool to paint some of the intereior stuff black =(, I have no idea what to do with that stuff. The rims I will get sanded down as well and may get them redone black but the right way. I am trading stuff for the engine and will most likely only end up paying 300 for the engine, ecu and wire harness. I am going to do most of the sanding and body work myself or have some friends of my brothers who go to the local highschool sand it for free :burnout:.

Here are the pics!

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

Yea that is a good idea, I went to pick n pull today and saw some nice 300zx seats =D I may put those in it.

Ok so pick n pull backed out of the deal on the turbo engine =(, I was going to trade them two spare engines and a van for it but o well. I went to another pick n pull today and found a vg30et =D with everything I need =D. They want 280 for the engine and I need to see how much for the ecu, wire harness and tranny as well. I will see if they want to buy the other engines and van from me as well, lol. If not then o well. Im also jsut going to search around for the best price I can on a trubo engine.