HybridZ

Pa Emission Laws

Duff

Is there anybody out there that knows if my 240Z running a '68 327 is still legal in Pa ? I've tried searching the net to no avail to find the answer. I would hate to spend my time rebuilding my Scarab to find out when I'm done I can't drive it in Pa. thanks

Thanks guys, I thought I had read that somewhere, but could not remember where. I did not really want to replace the 327 as it ran really strong when I last had it on the road, which was quite some time ago. :cool:

I am an emissions inspector in allison park The rules in pa are 1974 or older model years are exempt fron testing if the car is registered it will be written on your registration card "emissions exempt" if your chassis is older than the 1974 cut off the engine must be newer than the chassis you must pass at the levels for your model year. a good running engine should have no problem the test for 77 is a idle speed w/HC's below 440 ppm that is not hard to beat!!!! Keith

Thanks Keith , the part 'if your chassis is older than the 1974 cut off the engine must be newer than the chassis' is confusing me. bonk.gif This is telling me that my 71 240z, which is older than the 1974 cutoff needs a 1971 or newer engine. Does it really mean any chassis newer than 1974 ?

Thanks one more time Keith,I was pretty sure that was the way it is, but you can never tell about the boys in Harrisburg and their legislation. Most of them are not automotive enthusiasts.

smile.gif duff