HybridZ

Buying a 280z!

Hi, I'm new to these forums and I'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate spot to be asking my questions but here goes. Well I found this:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1350247949.html

I've always been a Nissan/Datsun boy since i was 7 seeing my uncles 240z. I'm 17 now and I really love how these cars look, it's so different from everything on the roads these days. I'm buying this car to work on it as a senior project for my school and to drive it after i finish. I was just wondering what are some major things I should look for when buying it? The engine isn't the best, he said it runs but not that great. Im not to worried about that because im going to be putting a different engine in it later or doing a rebuild. Where are some keypoints to look for rust? And how much rust is too much?

looks like a good car to start with

just a warning i bought my 280zx as a "freshman project" now its my senior year and its STILL not done, these cars require a good bit of TLC to get them road worthy (if they have been neglected or sat for a long time) but once you get them running they are imo as reliable as 1/2 the cars on the road today, i have drove mine to school every day since my sophomore year and have only had one break down...

GL with the project (if you get it)

EDIT: my uncle had a 240z too :D