HybridZ

Cooling my newly running engine

Ok, so my other thread here was about getting my z running, thanks for all the help guys. Now I can move on to other things, and key engine cooling...

So my stock radiator was leaking and I found (by searching the boards) that a Camaro 4 cylinder radiator would work. While at a pick-n-pull I found an entire F-body section so I went on looking and luckily I found a radiator that fits and doesn't appear to have any leaks (not yet at least). I have it all mounted in, except the hoses, and it should be just about ready. Now I'm looking at how to get the air through it.

I was thinking I would make a trapezoidal box using the radiator as the front side, dual electric fans on the back and sheet metal closing up the sides.

Using these at the end:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRM-19128/

so does this sound like an effective cooling method?

570-

With respect to your differing hose outlet sizes, there are several places that market hose splicing kits -- JTR has a really nice kit. Or, you could fab your own. Or, you could solve your problem like I did with a radiator hose filler like this one from Summit:

"http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-63740/"

It has the added advantage of enabling you to easily purge your cooling system of any trapped air.

Hope this helps.

jhm

• 9 months later...

What year(s) Taurus (or Thunderbird) fans work well?

If you would have spend five minutes on google with the words "taurus fan years" you would have found it in alot let time time it took you to post a reply. tongue.gif

(90-95, pretty much anything ford thats FWD with the 3.8 and made in the mid to early 90's.)

Edited by hoov100