HybridZ

Fabbed 240SX E-brake Brackets aka Hangers

The 240Z E-Brake cable has a smaller diameter then the hole in the 240SX E-Brake cable bracket (Hanger). The 240SX bracket is also thicker than the 240Z bracket making difficult to use the the retaining clips in a reliable way. So I had a shop weld the 240Z E-Brake bracket to the 240SX bracket as seen in the attached pictures. This should result in a more reliable (stock) mounting for the E-Brake cable.

240SX E-BRAKE BRACKET MOD 1_thumb.jpg

240SX E-BRAKE BRACKET 2_thumb.jpg

240SX E-BRAKE BRACKET 3_thumb.jpg

240SX E-BRAKE BRACKET 4_thumb.jpg

240SX E-BRAKE BRACKET 5_thumb.jpg

I did the same thing Miles, it works beautifully. Unfortunately, my E-brake cables are too short! I'm about one inch too short, after crossing the cables over the diff. If this happens to you too, it's gotta be fixed or the outside pad will drag on the disk.

I haven't hooked up the cables yet, but they do look about 1/4" short. I could make a slightly longer adaptor if the caliper becomes too preloaded.

I am running into a lot of little problems I didn't expect such as the driver's side flex line looks like it will rub on the frame (see picture). Also, my cam arm where the e-brake connects is just a hook (see picture). I have an old set of 240SX calipers that has the correct cam arm that I plan on swapping the cam arm to my new calipers (see picture).

Miles

drivers side flexline 1_thumb.jpg

drivers side flexline 2_thumb.jpg

drivers side flexline 3_thumb.jpg

16688_thumb.attach

240SX E-Brake attachment_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles
add picture

Yeah the drivers side rubs a little but that's why i put the rubber hose over it, not to worried about it. I did not clamp the pas side hose its same as the drivers side rubs a

little, more like just rests on the frame also not to worried about it.

The only thing is i have not drove on the street with this set up because my car is still

being worked on.

P.S if u want to see pics let me know