HybridZ

91 300zx complete rear end in 240z?

LSB_11

hello, my name is Lewis, and this is my first post on this website. i am a newb to the 240z but am not new to swaps or modifying vehicles. i have done a full sr20det swap in a 240sx with nothing left untouched.

for my actual question, i am not that familiar with the 300zx and 240z rear ends. i am looking to swap an ls1 or ls6 into my 240z and know i will need to upgrade at least to the r200 and upgrade the halfshafts. i found a guy who has a complete rear end out of a 91 300zx, this is the whole sub frame with brakes and all. i was wondering how much of this 300zx will fit in the 240z, with or without modification. can i use the halfshafts, any of the sub frame, a arms, i just don't know the two cars well enough. and how much stronger is the zx parts? i do not think it is the ttzx.

just to get an idea of where i am going, i really like all the components from Arizona z car. i will most likely be putting in their mustache bar and dog legs out back along with all their suspension parts.

thanks in advance and i really love this site.

Welcome to HybridZ!

Where's that pic BRAAP posts with a V8 Z with the front wheels up and the caption "R200: Yes, it's strong enough" when you need it? Couldn't find it anywhere...

Well here's that picture ;)

motivator1789543.jpg

But if he's serious about his cars like he's saying I think he'll probably want to go with a strong LSD.

This is a good thread on the Z32 diffs:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=131008