HybridZ

want to spray some nos, need intake advise

HICKL

I picked up a nos kit (all except the plate), so will be setting my car up for it soon. I would like to spray with my tunnel ram (as it looks really cool) but the added cost and hassle of the dual carb setup has me thinking about simplifying.

I have a performer rpm that was on it but was thinking along the lines of a victor jr as they are readily available on the used market. What do you guys think? Will prob run a 150 shot.

383 stroker, sportsman II small chamber heads....

thanks

Jeff

The usual,

Make sure your fuel systems is capable of handling the extra power requirements. Pull a couple of degrees of timing out per 100 hp increase. Colder plugs are your friend, especially with high compression and bottle. I keep a self imposed 150 HP limit unless my pistons are forged.

Since you don't have a plate, you might as well get some foggers and drill and tap into your current intake.

I did that on my RPM intake because there was no hood clearance for a plate. Worked great.

get a small fuel pump for fuel enrichment. I used a mallory comp70.

Another idea is to use a one gallon fuel cell for the n02 fuel enrichment. Then run 114 octane in the foggers.

I thought about that and it would be really cool but trying to keep my cost down. I figure by the time I buy 8 nozzles and all the plumbing and solenoids I would need, I would be broke.

A fellow Hybrid member is hooking me up with a holley plate so I now have that covered.