HybridZ

engine cuts out at idle

Hey guys, today my car developed a new problem. It was running perfectly fine previously. I read a couple threads relating to my problem but I didn't feel like they were exactly the same. the last thing i did before i had this problem was i replaced and gaped my spark plugs with new NGK r sparkplugs(air to fuel mixture looks perfect based off plugs, they were a brownish color).

Im running a turbo motor in a 280z with the electronics froma 83 turbo motor excluding the ecu which is from an 82 automatic.

My engine at idle will cut out for a second, or maybe even just half a second and then idle fine again. It does it randomly, sometimes it will do it a few times in a row and sometimes not at all. one thing that didn't seem normal to me is that, it hasn't happened to me once while driving, but when i come to a stop sign it will sometimes cut out for a sec. when i was reading another thread, the person was saying it would happen to them while driving..

Things ive tried:

I rechecked all of my electrical connections.

I unplugged and reconnected connections to the ECU

I rechecked my timming

checked all the connections on the plug wires and dizzy

I checked to see if the AFM was stuck at all

I checked battery connections

checked grounds

This problem seems like something electrical to me, im just not sure where the source of the problem is.