HybridZ

Got my car weighed in today....

auxilary

and the weight of the bone stock component 1973 240z with an l24 engine and 4 speed without driver is 2,427 lbs.

thing slightly offsetting the weight are the new rotors and calipers (toyota 4 runner + 300zx vented rotors)

Now I don't feel so stupid when we were answering that guys question about "how much do these cars weigh?" and saying 2300 to 2400 pounds for a 240Z, when his car had the "2750 lbs GVW" on the hood. I knew it was wrong...

We are studs, Aux; let's face the facts :D

Davy

Guest Anonymous
and the weight of the bone stock component 1973 240z
So this has the '73 smog equipment?

I got my '73 and immediately took off the smog pump, fittings, a/c, and plan on shaving the bumpers. I was going to weight-displace the stuff.. so far I have about 70 lbs off! I'll weigh in some time in the near future..

-980mak rockon.gif

Hm, I was up late typing that message, so I should rephrase that the car's not really stock weight smile.gif SNAFU on my part. I took off the smogpump, there's no A/C on it, it has an r200 rear diff (about 20lbs heavier than r180), heavier toyota calipers (maybe 4lbs per caliper), heavier 300zx vented rotors, and a 1" front sway bar (maybe 2lbs more than stock).

Guest greimann

FYI that GVW means Gross Vehicle Weight, the maximum weight that the vehicle can carry with passengers and cargo. It is not the curb weight.

Guest chevsun

I had my 73 on the truck scales at work and it weighed 2846 with my #230 fat azz in it, full tank, R-200, T56, 8pt Cage.I have a lot of aluminum throughout the car. But still that 430HP 377 moves it quite well and I love the two stripes the LSD provides. Ill have a set of 16" Rikens on it next week. Just had to add that for no particular reason. Steve

My `73 with no A/C, no smog, 3 speed auto weighed in at 2350, everything else was stock (SU's and such). A friend of mine went in at the same place with his `73 without a front bumper or grill, no smog, no A/C, header, holley carb setup, 5 speed tranny and weighed in 100 pounds lighter than my car. The `73 bumper mounts are pretty heavy (which he took off), and I think the manual tranny and headers made up the rest of weight savings.

I should go back and see if the fuel injection/turbo charger added much weight. I'd say I've put on another 40-50 pounds with the efi components, turbo, oil cooler, and soon to be intercooler.

I plan to weigh mine as soon as i get it going.The farmers here said they would let me use their grain scales for free to weigh my car so i'm gonna when i get the chance.1976 280z with out bumpers and hardware,aero body kit,and everything else is basically stock but i am gonna change rears and put in the cv's.I want to see how heavy it is with the new turbo and all that psi of boost ;) Seariously tho it should be close to the stock weight i think.