HybridZ

Datsun 240z AutoCAD?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey there,

I'm thinking of doing a major Datsun Conversion, the whole shebang, engine swap, suspension, rebody, frame changes, etc. and I was wondering if anyone out there had an AutoCAD file of the car?

If not, does anyone know a site where I can get the plans for the frame and such? the only thing I've been able to find is rudimentry technical specs (wheelbase, etc)

Thanks,

Evan

I posed this question a few weeks ago - I don't think anyone here knows of or has found anything.

I tried a fairly extensive search (by hand) of the various CAD/3DS/Lightwave, etc. mesh sites and turned up nothing on Z cars. Found a surprising number of Toyota 2000GTs though.

Anyway, there is a void. Perhaps you could fill it? I'd be glad to test out any meshes you come up with ;)

What I sent to Evan, Pete and Clint is not accurate but it's a Z car in AUTOCAD.

This isn't what you were looking for in terms of accurate detail, but others that have seen it seem to at least smile. I will be going with the R-200 CV disc rearend for now, but this was drawn when it was to be a tubed/back halfed/9"/spend all you money type of project.

Accurate-No, but an accurate drawing seems to be of some use to the HybridZ gang, so I will start taking measurements and create an accurate drawing. This is just more of something to look at on a Friday afternoon.