HybridZ

Seatbelt upgrade?

WHP

What have you guys found for seatbelt upgrades in 240s? I'm looking for something over the shoulder, retractable for the street. That rear quarter window just doesn't afford a proper view when you can't lean forward. And I hate it when the belts fall out the door when I exit. Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

I used 280-z belts. Bolted the shoulder retractor to where the stock shoulder belt mounted. Where in NC are you? I'm near Charlotte. Mark

Later model 280Z's (I think 77 or so and not 280zx) have three point retractable seat belts that have two separate retractors per side. The shoulder harness is achored off the top of each rear strut housing (a nice plastic cover too) and also in a retractor bolted into a cavity and sill rail. I've put these into my series I 240. I had to fabricate and weld a plate to cover the rear shock towers and to cut out the floor behind each seat to install the "cavities). Long explanation, but find a late 280z and look. All will become clear.