HybridZ

how many i/e manifold studs/bolts for l28et?

adam78280z

I counted 20 possible holes on the 3 heads I have. I currently don't have any manifolds on any of them. I just bought a pallnet stud kit from a guy and there are only 15 studs.... From what I can find there should be 17? is that correct?

Thanks,

Adam

PS. i've looked through the FSM, searched here and all over.... no one really posts HOW MANY studs... not even a clear answer on pallnet's site!

Do some searching, did ya? :rolleyesg:)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=1033728

(11) Exhaust/Lower Intake studs/bolts

(4) Upper Intake bolts - different ID and length [Two short two longer]

There should be 21 holes on an L28 head - the other holes are pre-drilled for carbs.

Apparently I suck at searching!

Guess it's easier to find something if you've posted in the thread :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot !!! I was worried as the zip-lock with the studs had a hole, and I found a loose stud in the box. Normally that would be fine except for the hole USPS put in the box !!! luckily the one loose one didn't fall out !

Guess it's easier to find something if you've posted in the thread :mrgreen:

I have no idea what you're talking about :mrgreen:

Glad you have everything sorted.

So did Pallnet make studs for the Upper intake as well? Just wondering, I use the stock bolts on top and made my own 'stud kit' for the lower intake/exhaust.

• Administrators
I wouldn't use studs on the top of the Intake mani, If you do, it's a SOB to get that sucker off of there. I had some on my carb motor and I took them off. It was entirely too much of a pain.

EXACTLY! Studs are fine for exhaust, bolts for the intake. :2thumbs:

Edited by BRAAP

This is going on a turbo manifold setup so maybe i'll have more room than a carb setup? Ive never owned a vehicle with carbs :mrgreen:

There are 4 larger diameter studs and 11 smaller studs so i'm assuming the larger ones are for the intake !

Yes the larger ones are for the intake. But please do yourself a favor and just use bolts. You'll thank us later and I promise you, you'll not find yourself in need of the extra holding capacity (really the even load spread that a torqued surface experiences when using a finer thread, which isn't loading capacity) for those top intake bolts.

If you don't have the bolts I'm sure I could dig some up from my collection of bolt buckets.

I don't have experience with upper intake studs but I'd trust BRAAAAAAP and MAG's advice.

Ok, sounds good. I have studs and I have bolts !! Bolts sound like a good idea!