HybridZ

brake booster toasted

I have a 1973 240zt. I have just recently turbocharged my z and the charge pipe come unglued. when the pipe come off the brake booster quit working. i realize that the booster could have just been old but the check valve is new. is there a different check valve or booster that i need to use? i have been reading treads and they say to use the 15/16 booster out of a 79, will this booster work with turbocharging?

mods to z

83 280zxt engine (p90a)

t3t4 turbo (cheap)

0280150400 injectors 45lb

npr intercooler

ngk wideband

megasqiurt ecu

stag 1 centerforce turbo clutch

r180 4.11 rear end (at its limit)

toyo proxies tires (fun)

to list a few.

and any help would be great.

Did you make sure everything got re connected after you blew the charge pipe? You must get vacuum with out it bleeding off for your booster to work.

The 15/16 is the master cyl size to upgrade to, not booster size. Your booster should work fine for you long as there are no vacuum leaks

the booster never lost vacuum, the charge pipe came off the turbo. i have already put in a new booster, i just want it to be reliable.(brakes are important). i just don't understand why the booster broke if the check valve was in working order. now when it broke the car went from 11psi(160kpa) to vacuum in a split second, was that to much for the check valve or was the booster just old? sorry i miss read the tread i thought it was the booster not the master for the upgrade. i do fleet maintenance and i am a full time student (i work during the day and for free at night in school, so when i have time to read about upgrades i am half asleep) thank you for the response!

• 2 weeks later...