HybridZ

where to get "how to hotrod and race your datsun"

Guest 400 ci 280z

Guest 400 ci 280z

i was wanting to get this book but non of the stores carry it and amazon wants $45 for their copy. does anyone know where to find it for a good price?

Guest bang847

I did a search on yahoo and "addall.com" has it for 22 bucks..

never heard of that company before so maybe not safe to order from them...

email amazon about the price difference and have them beat the price.. :D

I was actually considering getting rid of mine, but didn't realize it had collectors value!! Think I'll keep it now, at least until my V8 swap is done.

The book is quite good, but unfortunately it is geared primarily toward 510's. There is one chapter in the back on 240's, but it is almost like an after thought. Does have a bunch of detailed pictures of the cages on both Bob Sharp and BRE racing Z's.

Kinda interestingly, they look upon the 240/280 engines and transmissions as one of the ultimate 510 upgrades.

Guest 400 ci 280z

there was a place i got "how to restore your datsun z car" but i cant remember the name. ithink it was motor something but i got that book for 20 buck instead of 80 from amazon and it is brand new. i think i might have posted it here. what all does "how to hotrod" have in. i was needing to put in a cage and that would help.

Guest Anonymous

I picked mine up for about $20. Just go to a big local book store like Borders or Barnes & Nobles. They do not have it in stock but can order it. It takes a few weeks, but you will get it. That rule is the same for Corkey Bell's "Maximum Boost".

Or, you can buy it from Motorsport Auto in So. California.

There is not alot of info, like stated above, but it helps understand the car a little more. If you have the cash, I suggest the buy. I like to read it late at night under the covers with a flashlight. Sometimes I make an owl sound and a woosh of wind goes by.... :D

Nic

If you want, I can shoot you a PDF file of the Z pages.

Guest 400 ci 280z

well i tried borders, barnes & noble, and hastings and they all say they dont even have that book in their computers. tomahawkz is going to mail that section to me but thanks a lot for offering. everyone here has been a big help.

cheers.gif