HybridZ

Identifiyng my car

I have a 78 280 the vin is HLS30-454791. Im trying to figure out whar rear end it has etc. This winter ill be pulling the motor to work on it and it would be cool to have a numbers matching car. Thank you for any help.:icon6:

if its a 78 it should have an R200?

Im pretty sure its the orig rear end. Im also pretty sure that its a limited slip. I have the rear up up in the air put it in 1st and the left tire spins but the right doesnt, i them press in the clutch and then hold onto the left rear and slowly let the clutch out and the right wheel spins but i can kinda feel it wanting to spin the left. When i let go of the left it spins then right comes to a stop is this limited slip or and open diff. Can i get a posi for it? HLS30-454791 what does this tell me or where can i find out what this will tell me?

mine is an R200, when im doing a burnout, both spin, but then when I let the brake off and start going, it all goes to the right side and lays down one line, its a tempermental Limited slip, when im sliding both will light up, but when im just doing a burnout or getting on it to hard only one side spins while its moving. but both will spin in place, I think mine is just messed up.