HybridZ

Whole Car Inflated Storage Bags

Zzeal

Has anyone had any experience with these huge baggies?

I used to see them advertised but rarely now, so I'm wondering if they work. They're supposed to keep your car from corroding, even without a desiccant, there's just a fan to keep the air moving.

The most prominent advertiser I've found is CarCapsule.com.

It's such a joy dealing with the elements here in the rust belt.

Thanks!

Steve

Living deep in the heart of the rust belt, just moving air will not help rust. You need a way to filter the salt that gets in everything during the winter out as well as a dessicant to keep the water off, especially as the salt attempts to attack your car.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds to me like putting the car in a large plastic baggie would speed up the rusting process... unless you dipped the entire car in something like WD40 and sucked all the air out, and had a trap for any remaining moisture to flow to.

Now where can I get a 3000 gallon tub of WD40?

It sounds to me like putting the car in a large plastic baggie would speed up the rusting process... unless you dipped the entire car in something like WD40 and sucked all the air out, and had a trap for any remaining moisture to flow to.

Now where can I get a 3000 gallon tub of WD40?

just slap a dehumidifier in there with the car.

I agree, the inflated storage bags are bogus.

Gnosez put me onto a "car jacket", an air tight bag that completely encloses the car and uses a desiccant (drying agent) to keep things desert like inside. It's available from Carbag.com. A guy in Michigan developed them to preserve his Alfa's, which apparently rival Z's for rusting with abandon.

After months or even years, cars come out just as they went in, with shiny, un-tarnished rotors, and that has been Gnosez's experience. He and his friends have been using them in the Northeast.

I ordered one for my '73, $231 shipped. A bargain, I think, especially with it being produced in the good ole US of A!

Steve

Guest billwright

Really, any Desiccant (drying agent) product will absorb excess moisture which in turn would help keep your car from rusting. So if your on the edge about a $250+ wrap system, just go with a Desiccant Dehumidifier (no more then $32.99) inside your car to help remove the moisture while in storage.

Here is one option I found:

http://www.silicagelpackets.com/dry-packs-dehumidifier/