HybridZ

whats a good modern complete heat/ac that could be put into an s30

mikeith

everyone knows the heater/ac in the s30's is far from great! has anyone ever used a complete system from a newer model car and retro fitted it into an s30. and by complete i'm talking everything from plumbing, to fans and the hvac controls themselves. i was thinking about trying one from more modern car in a similar size but i dont want to waste alot of money on something that wont work. not looking for anything fancy as far as the hvac controls go but something from late 90's early 2000's w/ to have defrost, vent, floor, vent+floor, and defrost+floor...

any ideas? i was thinking maybe a miata or something

Interesting idea. I installed a Vintage Air unit, and have been pleased with it, but I would have swapped in something else given the chance - something with a fresh-air inlet.

I would strongly recommend that you find something with an entirely electronic control head - running cables or vacuum lines is problematic in a dash not designed for it. Also, electronic controls can be repositioned easily, allowing easier integration into the existing space. (I managed to adapt my Vintage Air unit into the stock controls, with just a bit of tweaking.)

I am having a Gen IV installed on my Z. It will be a few months before it get to the issue of connection in the car. The unit can be controled by a relatively small 4 knob setup.

Jeff

xk.gif i like that! last time i looked at vintage air they only had the old looking one... may just go that route.