HybridZ

280zx Dash options

mysterious_

Thank for the advice blackice. the point is i needed to find out if someone had done it and if they could guide me through cause fitting a dash is no easy business and trial and error would take up to much of an effort and would not even yield the desired results.

Still looking for help ppl any one hereeeeeeee

• 2 weeks later...
I went with the cheapo dash cover for my '79 slicktop from Motorsports. I will post up some pics today or tomorrow. I am happy for now. After I finish the car out I may go bigger on the dash/interior effort.

I did the same thing I have a blue dash cover on a blue dash and a good uncracked red dash in the garage. I wanna get the replacement blue dash but I just dont have the moneys right now

Yeah, I feel ya. the full replacement dash is kinda high priced IMHO. I can handle the plastic cover for now,I did see some nice aftermarket leather restoration stuff on here that I liked. I would rather spend the coin on something more aftermarket in appearance than to drop alot of money just to look stock. Thats my.02 anyhow heh.

I'm in the process of gutting a 280zx now, I'm amazed at how much room is behind the dash. If you want a track car, the weight savings would be tremendous especially if I went with a custom aluminum dash.

I was happy to realize how simple everything is behind the dash. It is very easy to work on. To me much easier then my 73. It has been of great value doing this because I need to swap my Auto climate A/C to the standard a/c system. There is not much to the standard A/C.

Good luck. The Dash itself comes out very easily.

I agree that there is a tremendous amount of room behind the dash of the S130, I do not think however, there is a alot of weight to be saved mostly plastic A/C, heat and wiring equipment. I stripped alot of weight by trashing all of the rear interior panels, and the A/C compressor and mount etc.. just my $.02 on that.:burnout: Here are some pics of the economy dash replacement, while its not a full step by step I have a few shots that will give an idea of this room we are talkin about.

SubaruZ 001_thumb.jpg

SubaruZ 003_thumb.JPG

Dash resto 011_thumb.jpg

Dash resto 012_thumb.JPG

Dash resto 013_thumb.JPG

i do not like the original dash. i have one already in mint condition but dont want it in my car.

any alternates available??????????????

I will be attempting to put a s13 dash in my zx in 3-4 weeks if it goes well I will make a wright up for you

Also you wouldn't be interested in selling your RHD dash and steering rack would you? I can give you LHD rack and a LHD zdash and s13 dash.