HybridZ

Alternate Door Lock's?

Guest Anonymous

Oh, then I have the barrel lock type. I'm not keyless even though I have power locks, and I want to get power door poppers too and just leave the stock door handles. I like the chrome :D

You could always have an external port/cable, some thing dropping down from the trunk floor, I am thinking of something like that to charge or jump my battery without having to open the trunk and the battery box. Just make sure it's hidden.

Of if you have a backup battery for your car alarm, that might work.

Owen

Originally posted by Lone:

Just curious, on electric locks do you have some sort of back up plan if you say left the headlights on ( or the battery is flat for whatever reason) and have no power? I was considering on any vehicle that I put them on to maybe add some external port or something that I can jump to, to energize the locks enough to get in. Is this just being paranoid? :D

My mechincal locks work. So if lose power I just use the key.

But a remote power connector does sound like a good idea. Specially if you decide to "French" the door handle and locks.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, if I put them on a vehicle Z or not, I'd french them in, it looks sweet to see just a flat panel, WTF, wheres the door handle... :D Also, I like just hitting a fob and having the door pop open... smile.gif

Regards,

Lone