HybridZ

81 280zx tear down

2fst4u

Ok so this is going out to braap.

Look very informative thread title. Do you like that? And im in the right place to post this. Damdn look what happens when you take the time and actually "read" the forum rules. But please dont jump down my throat im still trying to figure out to resize the pictures. so i apoligize for that. they are supposed to be at 500x100

Ok so here we go.

here are some pic of the 305 small block bored 30+I have. The motor is out of a 78 buick regal with a 30 272 cam 10 10 crank msd ign 350 turbo tranny and a stage 2 shift kit. still getting more histopry on the motor and it's spec. Such as compression, I forgot whay type carbuerator.....

PA120933.jpg

PA120932.jpg

Here are some just pics i took .....

PA120934.jpg

PA120935.jpg

PA120931.jpg

PA120936.jpg

Currently the car is gutted. I plan on trying to cut out as much rust as possble and then replace it as usual, but with a twist. After replacing all the floorboards, I plan on taking some polished diamond plate and cutting out the "Z" logo and placing the the diamond plate ontop of the floorboard. The idea is in my head and not yet on paper. For the motor I hace a smooth idea of pulling it, lowering the compression and putting an a stage 1 turbo kit from wrench rat racing. With all parts being replaced of course. As for the hood. I have a fetish with carbon fiber. I think that is all that needs to be said. As for the interior, metal, with diamond plate floorboards, metal sides and such, replacing the seats with "highend" perfromance seats, custom made. as fopr the rear hatch. Since that car has a nice slope the it i plan on welding a flat deck to it in such that it will hold a voltex custom carbon fiber wing. Again plans are in my head and not on paper yet. As for the color . maybe that stock blue with a little pearl.

But as for now need to remove as much rust as possible and get the thing primered. I will post pics as progressis shown. i am looking foward to the help and advice from the forum as this happens, and if anybody is close enough to ventura let me know and we can get down on this car thing together. Always many hands make lite work.

• 6 months later...